Monday, June 23, 2008

a first for us...

just had to let you in on what went down here last night. (not for the faint of heart, by the way....my dad would be so proud!)
as owey splish-splashed away in the tub, i sat reading the ensign on the toilet (seat CLOSED, mind you... i'm not about to get THAT personal, but there is not much room any where else to life guard in that bitty bathroom of ours.) all was well - owey chewing on washcloths (why is he so obsessed with this?) and of course standing up and sitting down exploring every inch of that bitty tub in that bitty bathroom.
as i was saying, all was well - he was entertained, i was entertained. and then i hear a sound different than the normal splish-splashes - i look up to see him standing up peeing on the wall of the tub. (awww. his first pee on a wall. just kidding people. i did not think that.) he finished his business and i decided it probably was time to get out (we don't like to make a practice of swimming in our own pee. unless you're in the ocean- that's totally different.) and then the worry set in. he got the look. (you know where this is going, right?) i begged "please don't poop. please don't poop in the tub." but what do you do? you can't take him out... who knows how far along he is in this process? and which is worse? poop all over you and who knows where else? or poop in the tub? well, before i could even decide what to do - the deed was done.
i screamed (what else do you do?) and clint (who was on the phone with his parents) came into the bathroom to see what had happened. by this time i was cracking up - because i don't recall ever having seen a kid standing up in a tub, holding onto the front edge while his excrements floated behind him. that's funny stuff. owey was looking at us look at him wondering what the big deal was. i suppose he is pretty used to pooping wherever the heck he wants (in a diaper of course) - why was this any different? clint calmly told me to get him out and he would clean up the tub (don't you just love husbands?) owey of course was mad that his adventures in the tub ended early, and that little event made me laugh almost enough to pull me out of the weird funk i was in yesterday. (i'll spare you.) soo.... does that count as potty training? (it did end up in the toilet after all.) i knew our kid was a genius.

7 comments:

whitney said...

yuck. that's happened to us a couple times. such wonderful memories and now you have one of your very own. :)

Lauren said...

LOL. At least it was floating by him. Every time my kids decide to do the deed in the tub it is anything but solid and there is a nice ring around the tub once the water drains. yum. I know TMI.

Carlie said...

If I click on your google add do you make money? I clicked once...should I keep clicking???

amy said...

love it! go owey!!! the peeing on the wall of the tub is by far my favorite part. :) audra is also a huge fan of sucking on the wash cloth - I'm not sure what is so great about it. anyway, thanks for the great story. I'll call you tomorrow.

The Nixon Family said...

Ha ha. That used to be an every night happening for my little Andrew back then. So fun to catch up on your blog. Shoot me an email so you can read mine.
Shereehnixon@yahoo.com

Holly said...

I can totally see you screaming! That just made me laugh!!! HA! What a great hubby you have to VOLUNTEER to clean up the mess! Thanks for sharing your adventure:)

Madsen Family said...

Yummy,yummy...I guess just one more thing I have to look forward to! Hopefully, not for a long, long time. My child, as of yet, has been a perfectly controlled pooper--just in his diaper and never on me. Let's just hope it stays that way!