Monday, March 24, 2008

eggsellent...


hope you all had a very happy easter! it was such a blessing to be able to know that the reason for the celebration goes far beyond bunnies, jelly beans, or mom's deliciously scrumptious carrot cake. i am so grateful to know that easter is a celebration of the Living Christ! i know that He has made it possible for all of us to live again and i am humbled by the thought of all He has given to me and my family.


we got to spend the afternoon with grammy, papa, unk t, and my uncle rick. i love having so much family so close by and only wish the rest weren't so far away.
some of my favorite things about easter this year:
-clint humoring me to let owey wear this bunny shirt and even agreeing that yes, someday our little girls can wear matching dresses (you must know that clint is a children's fashion critic and generally oposes anything cutesy, or matchy-matchy and insists that owey not wear anything that he himself would not wear.)
-getting to go to the last half of relief society for the first time in MONTHS and really feeling the spirit as we sang "i stand all amazed"
-playing "chit chat" with the fam and finding out interesting facts about every one
-did i mention that carrot cake? yummy, yummy in my tummy.
-eating dinner out on the back porch- it was the most beautiful spring day!
-reading brooke's blog and being reminded just how important this celebration is
-hearing the rock-concert-like church service going on down the street from us and being grateful that we get to go to church once a week instead of twice a year.
thanks for a great day, family!

2 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

I wish we could've been there. If nothing else to stick up for that shirt- I recognize it! :) At least you are getting good use out of my boys clothes. Even if there are bunnies on them. Perfect for Easter. Boo on Clint.
I am dying at how cute all these Owey pics are. I need my Owey fix.......

Mom said...

Thanks for sharing the day with us! We loved having you all there. Owen was perfectly behaved on his first Easter. Isn't he the cutest?!!!!