Thursday, June 25, 2009

oh what do you do in the summertime...

when all the world is raining with thunderstorms and flash-flood warningsssss?
wait, that's not how the song goes?
well, the sun is finally out, thank goodness, but the first few weeks of what i would normally consider to be summer were a total bust. (although remember this last june? curse you rexburg, hallelujiah orem!)
here's how we've waited for and welcomed in our sunny season friend:


bike rides with dad... whenever the skies clear up and clint can spare a minute he takes o out on the town. i just love the way he looks in that helmet. soooo funny.


owen has been working on his first art installation. on our front door. look out jackson pollock. though he prefers the colored pencil medium. (and the glorious magic eraser to clean up.) yes, owen is in his pajamas in these first 3 pictures. don't you judge me.


(look- there's henry on the right!)

white-trash-watching/ fair-food-eating --- er... i mean... going to the orem summerfest. why is it that the strangest people come out of the woodworks when the carnies come to town with all of their assembled-in-one-afternoon-death-defying (literally) rides, fried food and chachkies (miq, how do you spell chachkies?) to sell? the pride of orem, i tell you what.

i have been keeping busy with a new obsession of mine... i bet you can't wait for me to tell you what that might be. well, you're gonna have to. i'm not ready to divulge my latest genius-ness. (that's not a word. what is the right word? i think i get dumber by the day.... sigh.)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Jammies are the staple of childhood. My girls have gone whole days in theirs. No worries about judgement there! I just too the bike seat off my bike. I was sad that I didn't use it more. Good for Clint getting out there when he can.

I can't wait to hear about your new genius! :D

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

I believe it's Tchotchke- from the Slavic word for "toys." OK google thinks it's tchotcke. I've seen it spelled "chatchke" way more often.
I'm glad I'm your go-to chatchke girl. Phew. Wouldn't want anyone else to hold that title.

P.s. No judgement on jammies.
P.s.s. cute post again.
P.s.s.s. Good to chat last night and I miss you. ;)

Emily said...

Jammies are the best! Yes, they are a staple.