Monday, August 25, 2008

eleven? seriously?

(insert cute picture of owey here which i can not download as i left my usb cable at home...)

my, my, time flies when you are having fun.
i can hardly believe that my little baby is almost one. and while i don't plan on celebrating every month-birthday for the rest of his life (it always bugs me when moms say their kids are 31 months or something ridiculous like that... get over it, your kid is 2 and a half...) i have to hold on to the last couple celebrations before we enter the world of a one year old.
last night i was thinking about this time last year... i was in the thick of pregnancy (literally) and while totally anxious and ready to get the show on the road and be done with this strange body that was kind of freaking me out, i was trembling inside at the thought of how drastically my life was about to change. and oh, i had no idea.
owey is my world and i can not imagine how i was ever happy without that heartbreaker smile in my life. he keeps me on my toes, keeps me giggling, keeps me sane on days i'm on the brink of a breakdown. i've thought a lot lately about all he will contribute to our family now recognizing his position as the big brother, and i can't think of a better role for this adventurous, independent little free spirit. though i want him to stay little forever, i can't wait to see all that he will become and am so grateful that my little owey came to this family. lucky us!

what he's up to:
  • walking is the only way to go
  • high-fives for all
  • makes a vroom-vroom noise whenever he plays with toy cars
  • loves books (still)
  • loooves dad
  • lets me cuddle him (yeah!!)
  • is a total water-baby
  • loves grandma and grandpa, grammy and papa
  • is in the 75th percentile for weight and height
  • loves to laugh and makes me laugh every day
i love you with all my heart owey o...


in other news... please forgive the leave of absence! we are now in san diego enjoying every moment of sunshine, family and friends and trying to store up for the winter! we will be here for two weeks (clint joins us on thursday) and while i am sure there will be much to blog about upon returning, for now i plan to soak it all in... enjoy the last few weeks of summer!!

1 comment:

whitney said...

crazy how fast it goes. owey sounds like a true-blue BOY. i love how boys just love cars and moving stuff so instinctively.