Monday, December 17, 2007

domesticated




anyone who knows me well knows that i fall a little short of "domestic goddess" status. don't like to cook, don't like to clean, pretty poor excuse for a housewife in general. i'm not exactly sure what has gotten into me the past few days, but this weekend i made dinner 3 nights in a row, baked and iced sugar cookies, and to top it all off, crocheted 3 beanies for little o (we ARE heading for the snow in a few days after all). by the end of the day yesterday clint was scratching his head wondering who the heck i was and what i did with his wife. not that he was complaining!

and here's a little sneak peak of our little christmas elf:



don't look at our pathetic fake tree.



you looked didn't you?

3 comments:

Madsen Family said...

I did peak at your fake tree, but liked your cool artwork over the fireplace and the vinyl writing. Is it a Christmas message? That's savvy. Anyhew, I KNOW you are more domestic than me, so I am always impressed with domesticity AND cooking. Three meals in a row? Way to go. I, too, hate cooking. Right now Josh is shoveling the piles of snow we got last night and he really deserves a home-cooked meal but yet here I sit, blogging. Maybe I'll go make scrambled egg sandwiches. That's as home-cooked as we get. Maybe when the babe comes I'll get domestic like you:) Hope so! Merry Christmas and have fun in Wyoming....

Lindsey said...

I am so excited that we found each other and that you have a blog, how fun! Congratulations on being a mom!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

You make a big sis proud. Go Martha :)