Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ode to the Ericksons... and the Klinglers and the Youngs of course!

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that in the summer of 2006 I would choose to live in Evanston, Wyoming for the entire summer I would have laughed. Well, it is still kinda funny. But all in all, I am soo grateful for the chance that Clint and I had to be here in Evanston with the Erickson gang. I don't know that many people really get to know their inlaws like I have gotten to know mine. I don't know that I would have ever understood what draws Clint back to Wyoming if I hadn't seen the Ericksons in full form. Of course, I knew that I was lucky in the in-law department before, but now I realize how truly blessed I am to have another family. The sad thing is that they won't be coming to California with us - some day we will convince them! So, this blog is dedicated to my family here in cowboy country. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from you and to laugh with you (and sometimes at you!)



Dave and Shelly- really, I couldn't be luckier to have such fun, loving, creative, hard-working, and chill in-laws. I have told you before that I am so grateful for the way that you have raised Clint to make him the man that he is today, and after being in close quarters with you over the past few months I now better understand why he is such an amazing man. I am grateful for your examples and for all of the sacrifices that you make for your family. Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting us stay with you this summer, for the boating trips, the endless yummy meals, and for making me feel at home. I love you both!



The Young Family - I am so glad that we got to have so much fun together this summer. I don't know what I will do without Carter's crazy faces and hugs and Zoie's sweet and sassy personality. I really am glad that you all have become such an important part of my life and I will always remember how much fun we had - slippin' slides, shaving on the back of the boat, cliff jumping, the rodeo, good times. I love you all and will miss you tons! I told Carter that he has to promise to talk to me on the phone every once in awhile.









The Klinglers- You have all provided so much entertainment for
me ... Dominik just being himself, Kenzie and her little quirks, Randy... well, we all know Randy, and Mal always looking for a good laugh. It really has been fun to feel a part of your family and I can't believe how fast those kids will grow up when we are far away. I may never forget the giant fish that jumped out of the water, pummelling into D-bo on the slip and slide and good old black betty. Love you guys!








Garrett- It sure has been a crazy summer... lots of ups and downs. I really want you to know though that we love you so much and are so anxious to see where life takes you. You have so much potential and I could see so much in you from the minute I met you on my first trip to Evanston. I know that life gets hard, but that is what family is for, and I hope you know that we are here for you. You are more than welcome to come down and surf whenever you want! Be good and don't forget to keep in touch.







Ok, well, I really didn't mean for this to sound like a yearbook or a farewell... I just really wanted to tell all of you thanks for such a fun and memorable summer. How about next summer you all come live with us? It may be a little cramped, but that's alright! We love you and are grateful for you and will miss you sooo much!

No comments: