Sunday, July 29, 2007

only in wyoming...

a couple weeks ago clint and i got to go back to lovely wyoming... and this picture pretty much sums it up...

yes, those are sheep in the middle of the road. your eyes are not fooling you. these are the kinds of things you'd think would not surprise me anymore after living in wyoming for whole summer last year, yet somehow i am always shocked and amazed at the total craziness that is so completely opposite of my little california world. this happened to us twice in 2 days - stuck driving through a herd of sheep. by the way- for those of you who ever find yourselves in this position, apparently the thing to do is to just keep driving. obviously not at high speeds, but the sheep tend to kinda get out of the way if you drive slowly at them. smart cookies, those sheep. i guess i'd get out of the way too.
anyhow, the trip in general was fun.
here are some highlights (of course the sheep was at the top of the list)
1.meeting a new nephew - amber and ryan's #3: mason trey young. it was fun to hold a squirmy squishy little one and have him cuddle up on my belly next to his cousin
2. 10 year reunion- yes, since we made it to my reunion, we had to show up to clint's as well - this happened in two parts - first, with his buddies and their families, and then with the actual class reunion (i must say - very different from mine - a picnic at the park with kids and pregnant girls everywhere instead of drunken dancing and watching random classmates hook up and make fools of themselves!)
3. camping-this was part one of the reunion - all of clint's best friends met up in the uinta mountains to go camping with the families - i think i should get a gold medal for this one - i love camping, but at 7 1/2 months pregnant? let's just say i was not too pleased with the number of times i had to use the disgusting latrine bathrooms! at least it was fun to watch clint in his element with his boys. (and i was also glad to not find out any crazy secrets about his past- turns out he was always a good guy:)
4. sulphur creek- this was the family's attempt at taking out the wave-runners - sulphur creek is the lake in evanston, no one likes to go there, and now we know why - cold water, crawdads everywhere, long grass in the water that gets stuck in the intake - it was a good try, but not exactly successful.
5. 4th of july- no fires this year! at least none we were responsible for! it's always a good show in evanston on the 4th of july!
6. amber and ryan's new house- we got a first time look at the new house amber and ryan bought this year and all the hard work they've put into it.
7.kenzie talking - all the kids have grown up so much since we last saw them, but kenzie was the most noticeable. she talks up a storm!!
8. diego and sophie- our puppy diego was so happy to reunite with his first puppy friend, sophie. he was also just thrilled to be able to hang out on the grass in the backyard all day.
9. seeing the addition - after all the work clint put into the erickson's addition to their house last summer, we were finally able to see the fruits of his labors. with wood floors, paint, furniture, etc - it looks absolutely amazing and is the perfect space for the whole family. it was really neat to see it all come together.
10. 16 hour drive home - ok, so not exactly a highlight - we happened to drive home (again- driving for extended periods of time this pregnant is not recommended!) on the worst possible day - the day that the huge fires in utah forced the 15 to be shut down for 100 miles, and the day everyone and their mothers were heading home from vegas after the apparently lucky 7-7-07. i was not exactly a happy camper when our air conditioning stopped working just past vegas in bumper to bumper traffic. clint later commented "you are much nicer when it's cool." yes dear, i am. then i warned him we just may never be able to drive to wyoming again.

3 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

YEAH!! So glad you posted again...and super funny too. Nice shot. And THANKS for commenting on my blog. Love you. ;)

Tracie said...

I feel the same way about WY. I way thrilled when Randy's parents moved to Logan. You are a better woman then I. I can't believe you drove and then camped! Tell Clint he owes you big time! Tracie

Unknown said...

Jess--It's me, Jessy. For some reason, I am posting as Josh and I can't figure out how to change it, so I had to clarify that I am not, in fact, Josh, but his lovely wife. Anyway, I love checking out your blog and getting a tiny glimpse into your life. Plus, I am uber excited that you are prego. It makes me so happy for you because I know how much you wanted it. So, what are you going to name the little dude? I hear Jessy is a good boy name, too:) Isn't it grand that Carlie named her baby after us? I checked out the other blogs on your page and found Brooke's and couldn't stop crying. What a stellar woman. It makes me hurt, all the heartache she's gone through. I wanted to leave a comment, but I didn't want her to think I was some crazy stalker.
Are you getting ready to have a baby, or what? You are so close! Your due date's in about a month, right? Are you uncomfortable, yet? Do you have a nursery all planned and decorated? I saw you bought a condo, right? Megan's due right around the same time as you. She isn't finding out what she's having because she wants it to be a surprise since she already has one of each. What a strong woman. I'm not sure I could do that. I totally know that I am babbling and I know that is NOT what this is for, but I wanted to leave a comment and then it just turned into this. I hope you get this, too. I don't know how often you check your blog for comments. Anyway, I am stopping now before I make a fool out of myself (it's not too late, I hope). Drop me a line or email me. Talk to you soon! Love, Jessy Yessy