Saturday, December 15, 2007

christmas tag


TAGGED BY COUSIN AMANDA...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I'd love to tie up pretty packages with beautiful wrapping paper and elegant bows, but who has time for all that?
2. Real tree or artificial? Love real trees, but our first Christmas together we bought a cheap artificial one that we have yet to get rid of. Clint promised me that next year we'll get a real one.
3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as we can. I'd be good with the day after Thanksgiving, but that doesn't always happen.
4. When do you take the tree down? January
5. Do you like eggnog? Not so much.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I'm not sure about favorite, but the one I remember the most was a GIANT cabbage patch kid type doll.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?Yes. Not the prettiest one in the world, but it does it's job to remind us of the real reason for the season.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. What do you get for the man who has everything?
9. Easiest person to buy for? Mique - I know she'll dig anything homemade or sentimental.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly have no idea.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Ours are coming I promise!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I really do like Christmas movies. My latest favorite is Elf, but I also love White Christmas, the new Miracle on 34th street and The Polar Express.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's cheese danish.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Probably O Holy Night. I love Silent Night too.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year we will be traveling to Wyoming for a white Christmas.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?Of course!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I prefer a star. Right now we have a cowboy angel though.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Tony and I are notorious for waking mom and dad up every few hours starting around 2 am asking if we can go downstairs yet. I still don't sleep well on Christmas Eve even though I'm now Santa!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Frantic shopping malls and parking lots.
24. Do you buy gifts for your pets? No. Poor Diego.
25. Have you ever been Christmas caroling? Heck Yeah. I love caroling. My favorite time was as a freshman at BYU because we showed up at people's door with our whole ward singing - that's like 200 people!
26. Hot chocolate or hot apple cider? Apple cider of course!

I love Christmas because:
It is a good time to reflect on the things that are most important in life: friends, family, and the gift of our Savior.

No comments: