Ok, ok... we know. We lost all of your attention a long time ago when our oh so adventurous life got boring and we stopped posting here. But believe you me, this update of all updates is sure to not disappoint. There has been enough change and excitement around here lately to make up for any boredom from the past. So, hold on to your hats and glasses - 'cuz this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!
We'll go top 5 style...
5. A few months ago Clint and I decided it was time to get a real job. It had been almost a year that we had been experimenting with our little businesses, and even though we still love those, we figured it was time to buckle down. So, I went out and got a job. I was hired back in the beginning of January at the University of Phoenix in San Diego. I work in the finance department and mostly help students get everything in line for their financial aid. I've been there 2 months now and I am enjoying my time there. It is not something I want to do forever, but for now it's perfect.
4. Right around the same time I got hired, Clint found his new job at Chandler Signs. He is so excited to be "drawing for a living" and using his design degree. Chandler does signs for major companies like Hilton Hotels, PF Changs, CVS Pharmacy, etc. Clint works in the art department as a designer. He is already impressing his boss and co-workers with his "amazing (nunchuck) skills."
3. On February 12th, Clint and I became adopted aunt and uncle to a beautiful baby boy... some of you may remember my dear friend Sharlie and her sweet hubby, Ryan. Miracle after miracle, they welcomed little Harrison James Kaltenbach into the world against all odds. We feel so blessed that God has let us be witnesses to his grace and to see a real live miracle yet again. We love you Shar, Ryan, and baby Harrison!
2. On February 28th we were able to realize a dream of our own (thanks to the generosity and help of mom and dad) to become home owners!! We'd been looking for awhile and finally found a place that felt like home. We have been here in Carmel Valley in our beautiful little condo for about 2 weeks now, and we couldn't be happier with our decision. We are so grateful for our little home and feel the privilege and the responsibility that it really is to own everyday.
1. Saving the best for last, of course....
and in case there was any doubt...
It's true!!! We couldn't be happier about a new addition to our family. Timing is kind of crazy (I found out RIGHT after I started my new job) but we are so thrilled to finally be pregnant. I am a little over 3 months now, and the little one will be joining us mid-September. We can't wait! I have been sicker than ever before, but it made it all worth it when we got the hear the heart-beat the other day. (If you ever want any good public puking stories though, just let me know... I got it covered...) Clint's grandma predicted it will be a boy and Grandma Kay has never been wrong - so we'll see. Anyhow, as you can tell our lives are crazy, exciting, and most of all, we have never felt so blessed, humbled, and grateful. What an amazing time!
Stay tuned for more updates... we will sure to be more faithful about filling you in on the never-ending adventures around here!